|Sujir Payesh with Dried Apricots|
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, add semolina and toast to a golden-brown.
- In a saucepan combine milk, water, apricots, sugar and simmer over medium heat until sugar dissolves and apricots soften.
- Stir in cardamom powder and pour over toasted semolina.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Lower heat to minimum setting and cook pudding until semolina absorbs all the liquid.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve as a dessert course.
- Semolina acts as a sponge and absorbs more liquid the longer it sits.
- Store left-overs in the refrigerator.